Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] View Factors Error

First, check REPORT, Surfaces, Details; and make sure that all 5 surfaces
enclosing the attic have the correct azimuth and tilt (result go in the eio
output file).  If these are correct, you might try breaking the two large
sloped surfaces into two surfaces each.  In extreme geometry situations, the
view factor algorithm sometimes works better with several small surfaces rather
than a few large ones.

Mike

On 25 Feb 2007 at 23:46, Ian Doebber wrote:

> I receive the following error on a slightly strange geometry (an attic
> space in an A-Frame building so the ceiling has two sloped sides and one
> flat part).  Would this error be based just on the geometry or should I
> start digging into the coordinates.  What kind of results am I getting
> know with this error such as will it throw my energy balance off?
>

>    ** Severe  ** View factors not complete. Probably bad surface
> descriptions in zone="OPEN_LAB_404".
>
>    **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is
> 0.0)=1.3595E-002
>

> Thanks
>

> Ian Doebber
>
> Arup
>
> Mechanical Engineer
>
> Office : 415-946-0292
>
> Fax : 415-957-9096
>
> Cell : 415-613-4314

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support