[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Purchased Air Outputs and What They Mean

The output variables you stated do respond to changes in building
materials and constructions. i get a reasonable 300 KWH/m2/year on a
building zone using Kuching weather file. Cheers, ooi

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "energyplus99"
<energyplus99@...> wrote:

> I am using Purchased Air to determine heating/cooling
requirements.

> While I know that it cannot be used to control for zone humidity
and
> temperature (indeed, zone humidity seems to vary wildly throughout
the
> run), is it none-the-less an accurate measure of heating and
cooling
> rate requirements?  Specifically, on an hour-by-hour basis, can I
rely
> on the outputs for "Purchased Air Total Cooling Rate", "Purchased
Air
> Sensible Cooling Rate" and "Purchased Air Heating Rate" to be
> accurate?
>
> If this is true, can I go one step further to integrate (ie add)
these

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM