[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Tutorials for a beginner

hi Ben,

i have a file BS13.idf that i adapted from EnergyPlus's example
file, with the builing envelop of a zone called BS13. If you like, i
can send the file to you.

i can explain each class, object and variable as i modified them by
myself. i am trying to validate the dynamic and steady state heat
transfers of EnergyPlus with actual temperature and humidity
measurements and WindAC.idf. i hope i have explained that correctly
and welcome corrections.

i think i have to validate the quads and biquads curves of the DX:
CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical that modify the total cooling capacity
and the energy input ratio, which are functions of the temperature
and flow fraction. There is also the quadratic or cubic curve for
the Part load fraction operation. I hope i am not wrong.

regards,
ooi

EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "benteqman" <ken@...> wrote:

> Hello there,
> I've just started using E+. Does anyone have documentation of a
> reasonably simple building, with simple HVAC system of which I
could
> learn from.  A goal would be to find the energy consumption over a
one
> year period for the building.  I could take the raw information
from
> drawings etc of building envelope, materials, shading, geometry,
> location and HVAC system, input the information, and look to
achieve a
> known result.
>
> I look forward to your response.
> PS I do know of the the example files, but it would be helpful if
I had