Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] cfm/ton limits

The air flow is calculated first and is fundamental - it is not altered.
The cooling capacity
is then calculated and is limited by 450 cfm/ton.

The cooling flow rate is basically established by the zone design
sensible cooling load - which is set
by your design day weather, internal loads, outside air requirements,
window & wall heat gains etc.

So, if you are seeing an error by a factor of 6, the questions would be:

1) are your design calc inputs correct (does the design flow rate seem
reasonable).

2) do you have a huge latent load (from internal sources or outside air)?

Upload your file if things continue to ne baffling.

Fred Buhl