[EnergyPlus_Support] Warmest Function Increases Boiler Natural Gas Usage?

All-

I am modeling the warmest function in a Hospital building.  The model
is equipped with a VAV system (pre-heat coil, cooling coil, a central
heating coil, & reheat coils).  I have the warmest setpoint node set
at the supply fan outlet.  The warmest function is set up to deliver
supply air between 55F and 60F.  Also, the chilled water is delivered
to the cooling coils between 44F and 52F, depending on outside air
temperature.

When I increase the upper limit of the warmest function from 60F to
65F and the chilled water upper limit from 52F to 54F, the natural
gas consumption of the boiler increases by 7%.  In addition, the
supply fan energy usage increases by 6%.  The energy saving benefit
of the chiller and the cooling tower, 2% and 3%, respectively, is not
enough to overcome the boiler and fan energy usage increases.  The
overall energy usage (total facility) increases by 2%.

I am confused to why this is happening?  How can increasing the reset
temperatures increase overall energy consumption instead of
decreasing it?  Why is the heating energy usage increasing in this
manner?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Noel