[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: interior blinds

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rob Hitchcock
<RJHitchcock@...> wrote:

> Placing blinds and/or shades on the interior of a window will not
stop
> solar gains from entering the zone.  Solar will still be
transmitted
> through the window and will warm up the blind/shade surface, which
is
> inside the zone.  Some solar will be reflected back out the window,
but
> this will not reliably lower the overall solar gains relative to a
> window without an interior blind or shade.
>
> Try placing the blind/shade on the exterior of the window for
comparison.

> Rob
> =======

Rob the emissive nature of the interior blinds can be tracked with a
infrared camera, it will in fact show you a crona of heat energy
blasting in to the building with in 2 to 6 inches around the window
depending how well the wall is insulated and re asorbing the heat .
For instance here in Arizona I can measure 114 F surface temp of a
set of wood plantation shutters!

Dan H
> yiqunpan wrote:
>
> > I made a model to simulate the heat transfer from the evenlope.
In the