[EnergyPlus_Support] Confusion over Fan

Hello everyone,

i am starting to use the AirFlow Network with only the
MultiZone:Surfaces referring to the SIMPLE house example.

>From the .err file, a zone needs two surfaces and i have added a
door to each zone. So, correct me if i am wrong, the air in the
AirFlow Network goes through ceiling crack/leakage and door leakage.

As i am only studying the thermal aspects of the building envelop, i
do not use a Direct air or fan as in the Simple House example. But i
have a Window AirConditioner in the second zone.

The messages in .err file, includes:

GetFanIndex: Fan not found=Zone2WindACFan
GetAirflowNetworkINput: The fan type defined in
AIRFLOWNETWORK:DISTRIBUTION:COMPONENT CONSTANT VOLUME FAN =
ZONE2WINDACFAN is not allowed etc.

The 'Fan' in the error message can only refer to the fan in Window
AC. But how do i enter the index of this fan or overcome the errors
in the .err file?

kind regards,
ooi
-- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ooikoonbeng2004"
<ooi_kb3@...> wrote:

> Many thanks Mike. I added the attic zone and a gable surface.
>
> i only need the MultiZone:Surface, i think. i used the example to
> enter Reference Crack Conditions and Reference Crack Data.
>
> i got an error message that one of the zone's ceiling is an orphan
> object. Any advice to help me on my first step in AirFlow Network?
>
> kind regards,
> ooi
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
> <mjwitte@> wrote:
> >
> > (This is a reply to message #8583, "Re: Window AC or Unitary
> (Roof, ceiling
> > Construction".  In the future, it is helpful to start a new
> message when asking
> > about a new topic.)
> >
> > The space created by a "sloping roof on one side and a
horizontal