[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Temperature out of bounds

Dear EnergyPlus-support,

I experience the identical problem as for the previous users,
although the background might be different (refer to: message#8614),
I've decided to join the current thread.

BACKGROUND
I've continued the modeling process by replacing a single VAV
terminal unit w/ reheat option with a VAV terminal unit w/o reheat
and at the same time modeled a low temperature hydronic system for a
selected subsurface (ThirdFloor, Zone 79310, C_79310_1_0_0_0_0) in
the corresponding zone.

SYMPTOM
After executing the simulation, EnergyPlus terminates with a fatal
error indicating that the temperature of a surface (interior
partition) is out of bounds (209.29). What puzzles me, is that the
probelamtic surface indicated is actually on the model's sixth floor
(SixthFloor, Zone 79073, P_79073_10146_0_10101).

DIAGNOSIS
I've tried to investigate the problem further, but I'm unable to
establish a connection between the two surfaces, but it appears that
the error only occurs during the winter design day, when heating is
available by a schedule an required by the zones heating setpoints. I
presume, the heating energy of my ceiling panel somehow ends up in a
non-related partition, three floors above, thus causing the
temperature being out of bound.

POSSIBLE CONCLUSION
The problematic surface is part of the stairwell (Stair 1) oriented
towards north direction, where stair's on each floor and ceiling are
interconnected through a hole in the slab and ceiling, respectively.
I wanted to contribute from the effect of minimizing the simulation
runtime required to model dedicated HVAC descriptions for each stair
on each story by using holes an some kind of mixing pattern instead.

I'll upload my file 'SPlamp_in_v7.idf' for further reference.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Sandro