From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of ooikoonbeng2004
Sent: Tue 7/24/2007 8:06 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Any update on the SketchUp plugin?

Dear all,

i have just seen the demo video on Sketchup and have downloaded the
8hr trial version.

If the plug-in can replace the entering of coordinates for the
building envelop, it will be really great. It would make EnergyPlus
very user friendly, especially with Sketchup's compatibility with
AutoCAD, engineers can use the architects' plans more easily.

i look forward to August for the plugin so that i can use the 8-hr
trial version, more fruitfully, with all of E+ features.

best regards
ooi
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Crawley, Drury"
<Drury.Crawley@...> wrote:

> The first release of the EnergyPlus plug-in for SketchUp will
handle non-geometric inputs.  You'll be able to select these non-
geometric inputs for each zone--including HVAC systems--based on
building type templates.  You will be able to run EnergyPlus from
within SketchUp... and get results in a pop-up window.

> Currently we think that the plug-in will be released in August...
unless we run into roadblocks.