Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] problems of unreasonable indoor temperature

hi:

thank you very much for the information, but one sentence was not completed in the e-mail, the sentence was 'With the massive constructions in the original input file, the temperatures of' can you let me know what is left.

Thanks

_______________
Qian Li
Research Asistant
BArch MArch Phd Candidate
Room T03, Bute Building
Welsh School of Architecture
>>> "Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> 27/07/07 10:44 PM >>>
This is a cube with a large south-facing window, massive walls/roof/floor, and
infiltration only during daytime hours.  The thermal mass of the envelope is
equivalent to approximately 0.5m of gypsum board.

If the surfaces are changed to a single layer of gypsum board, then nighttime
temperatures approach the outdoor temperature, with warmer temperatures during
the day when the sun is shining through the window.

With the massive constructions in the original input file, the temperatures of

Also, you must be careful with the floor.  The values entered for "Ground
Temperature" are the outside boundary condition  for the floor surface
(OutsideFaceEnvironment=Ground).

Mike

On 23 Jul 2007 at 12:34, Qian Li wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am a beginner of Energy+ and I am doing some simple simulation of generating
> indoor temperature of a simple model (a cubic box and a south facing window).
>
> However, I met a very strange problem, the reported result was unreasonable
> high, the indoor temperature in winter is around 8 to 10 degree while the
> external temperature is about -5.  The model is without any internal gain, HVAC
> system and occupancy, there is no reason for the indoor temperature to be such
> high, I used the same setting of model and simulated in Ecotect and HTB2, the
> result of those two software match each other (if without and heat gain, the
> range of winter indoor temperature is -1 to 2). I did many attempts in modifying
> the model of energy plus but cannot identify any problem that causing this, it
> has been troubling me for many days.  Any response that can explain the possible
> cause of the problem will be very appreciated.
>
> I had uploaded the model to the yahoo group (model name is `Single
> cell-2307.idf´, and also attached it with this e-mail.  The weather file used
> was downloaded from energy plus website (CHN_Beijing_CSWD.epw).
>
> Many thanks , please let me know.
>

> Qian Li
> Welsh school of architecture
> Cardiff University
> Uk

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx