[EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Files -- where data is not available on the E+ web site

EnergyPlus users,

The EnergyPlus web site contains more than 1300 weather files from a
large number of international sources.

But we know that leaves a large part of the world with very few or no
weather files. As a last resort, upon request, we create a few weather
files for a country--using the Meteonorm weather generator
(www.meteotest.ch).  Version 6 of Meteonorm was released last month--and
it includes EnergyPlus EPW format as an output option.  But Meteonorm
uses interpolation, extrapolation and other statistics to derive the
weather file.  You use these weather files entirely at your risk--review
them carefully to ensure that they meet your needs.

If you're looking for a weather file, first look at the EnergyPlus web
site:
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm
Then, check the EnergyPlus YahooGroup to see whether a weather file has
already been created and posted:
ather_Files/

If no weather locations are available, then send a message to the
EnergyPlus_Support YahooGroup with the location you need--one or two
locations at most please!  Usually we can create the files within a few
days.

Also--if you know of weather data sets that we haven't included on the
EnergyPlus web site, please let us know.

EnergyPlus development team