Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Understanding "Temp Rise Coefficient" input for Chiller:Electric module

Your description is correct.

Regarding the rated temperatures, the user specifies these, and must make sure
that all of the performance inputs form a consistent set, including the rated
temperatures.  From the example object in the I/O Ref:

35.0, !- Temp Design Condenser Inlet {C}
2.778, !- Temp Rise Coefficient
6.67, !- Temp Design Evaporator Outlet {C}

So, in this example, the rated temperatures are 95F and 44F.

Mike

On 15 Aug 2007 at 7:58, Ian Doebber wrote:

> I do not understand what the inputs are for the "Temp Rise Coefficient" on page
> 412 of the InputOutputReference.  For the example air cooled chiller idf, the
> value is 2.778.  Therefore, the condenser difference (between Condesner
> Temperature Required to maintain rated capacity and the Rated Condenser Temp) is
> 2.778 time the evaporator difference (between Evap Temp Required and Rated Evap
> Temp).
>

> Are the rated temperatures based on the ARI National Standard of 95° F ambient
> and 44° F chilled water?  If so, then what are the required temperatures based
> on?
>

> Ian Doebber
>
> Arup
>
> Mechanical Engineer
>
> Cell : 415-613-4314
>
> Fax : 415-957-9096

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx