From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lawrenceblount
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:53 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Does EnergyPlus support daylighting
through internal windows in floors?

Hi Rob,

Thank you for finding the bug. I was beginning to think I was going
around the bend.
Do windows in internal walls work okay?
How often are updates to the E+ released?

Cheers
Lawrence

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com> , Rob Hitchcock
<RJHitchcock@...> wrote:

> Lawrence,
>
> I have found a bug in the code related to this issue. The problem,
as
> you deduced, is that the mere presence of an interior window causes
beam
> solar to be added to reference point, and illuminance map point,
> illuminance totals, even if there is not an unobstructed line of
site
> from the reference point to the sun.
>
> Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will get a fix
into
> the upcoming release.
>
> Rob Hitchcock
> =========
> lawrenceblount wrote:
>
> > Even if you are not sure why I getting beam solar through the
opaque
> > midfloor, could anyone suggest some changes that I could try?
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Lawrence
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>, "lawrenceblount"
> > <lawrenceblount@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Rob,
> > >
> > > I am keen to learn what you find out.
> > > Cheers
> > > Lawrence
> > >
> > > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Hitchcock

> > > here.

> > passing
> > is
> > clearly
> > > the

<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>

> > seeing.
> > > If
> > > zone,

> > > and my
If
> > > open
> > > January
> > skylights
> > > when
> > the
> > > from
> > dxf
> > > file

> > wrong.

<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>
J.
> > > Witte"

> > you
> > > must
> > > beam
> > it
> > > is
for "interior
> > > window"

> > the
> > > zone
> > > than

> > > Ecotect
> > > floor
> > > to the
> > becomes
> > > midfloor

> > > making
> > E+.
> > > The

<http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov> >
> > <http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov>
<http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov> >>
<http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov> >
> > <http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov>
<http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov> >>>

> > > the

> > > EPlusMainMenu.pdf

> > Messages in this topic

oDMTM0amkyNmtpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3
Mzg5BG1zZ0lkAzg4ODgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMTg3OTg0MzA2BHRwY0
lkAzg4MjU->
> > (0) Reply (via web post)

tkc2QyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BG1z
Z0lkAzg4ODgEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMTg3OTg0MzA2?
act=reply&messageNum=8888>
> > | Start a new topic

FxcW5nBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHNl
YwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTE4Nzk4NDMwNg-->

> > Messages

JlYzhxNGw2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5
BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTE4Nzk4NDMwNg-->
> > | Files

Gw4MDNwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHN
lYwNmdHIEc2xrA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzExODc5ODQzMDY->
> > | Photos

YnZzbGtqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BH
NlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Bob3QEc3RpbWUDMTE4Nzk4NDMwNg-->
> > | Members

lamFtOWQ4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5B
HNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21icnMEc3RpbWUDMTE4Nzk4NDMwNg-->
> > | Calendar

JkajhzMGt2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5
BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2NhbARzdGltZQMxMTg3OTg0MzA2>

> > http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov>
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> >
> > EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf
under
> > the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
> > Yahoo! Groups

kAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxM
Tg3OTg0MzA2>

> > Change settings via the Web

1iNXNqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHNl
YwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzExODc5ODQzMDY->
> > (Yahoo! ID required)
> > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-digest%40yahoogroups.com> ?subject=Email%
20Delivery:%20Digest>
> > | Switch format to Traditional
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-traditional%40yahoogroups.com> ?
subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional>

> > Visit Your Group

hBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHNlYwNmd
HIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMTg3OTg0MzA2>
> > | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >

> > Unsubscribe
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> ?subject=>
> > Recent Activity
> >
> > *
> > 14
> > New Members

manFlOTlsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5B
HNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzExODc5ODQzMDY->

> > Visit Your Group

4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHNlYwN2d
GwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTE4Nzk4NDMwNg-->

> > Yahoo! Finance
> >
> > It's Now Personal

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jh5nmah/M=493064.10729649.11333340.8674
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jh5nmah/M=493064.10729649.11333340.8674>
578/D=groups/S=1705007389:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1187991506/A=4507179/R=0/SIG=
12de4rskk/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=50284/*http://finance.yahoo.com/
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=50284/*http://finance.yahoo.com/>
personal-finance>

> > Guides, news,
> >
> > advice & more.
> >
> > Need traffic?
> >
> > Drive customers

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jrg676q/M=493064.10729656.11333347.8674
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jrg676q/M=493064.10729656.11333347.8674>
578/D=groups/S=1705007389:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1187991506/A=3848644/R=0/SIG=
131l83flq/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/srchv2.php?
<http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/srchv2.php?>
o=US2006&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Groups5&s=Y&s2=&s3=&b=50>

> > With search ads
> >
> > on Yahoo!
> >
> > Sitebuilder
> >
> > Build a web site

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jr67gem/M=493064.10729657.11333348.8674
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jr67gem/M=493064.10729657.11333348.8674>
578/D=groups/S=1705007389:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1187991506/A=4025304/R=0/SIG=
12uhb64pb/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44092/*http://smallbusiness.yaho
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44092/*http://smallbusiness.yaho>
o.com/webhosting/sitebuilding.php>