[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: beam radiation through internal window #2

Dear Linda,

thank you for answering.
Yes, when I said the program is crashing I meant it shew the
following error message:

"Problem in interior solar distribution calculation (CHKBKS)
> >    Solar Distribution = FullInteriorExterior will not work in
Zone=ZONE2
> >    because vertex 3 of back surface=SURFACEA2 is in front of
receiving
> >surface=SURFACED2
> >    Dot Product indicator=22.4000)
> >    Check surface geometry; if OK, use Solar Distribution =
FullExterior
> >instead."

As you suggested me I uploaded the file to the Problem Submittals
Area. I remind you that I am simulating a double skin facade for a
office building by defining
a thermal zone for the gap between the two skins.
According to page 151 of the input-output manual,I tried to set the
solar distribution as "fullinteriorexterior" in order to get beam
solar
radiation from the interior window into the office, but the simulation
gave many severe errors. Could you tell me what should I use in order
to have considered the
beam solar radiation inside the office?

Thanks

Marzia