Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Contaminants information?

Please see "Report Environmental Impact Factors" in the Input Output Reference
(starting on p. 1351, pdf p. 1390) and the Engineering Reference (starting on
p. 817, pdf p. 853).  These report variables and meters simply take the
environmental factors input by the user for electricty and fuels and multiply
them by the site consumption of each particular energy source.  Equations are
currently not in the documentation, but they are all similar to the following.

For example, a building purchases electricity and natural gas, and has no on-
site power generation

CO2:Facility = (C02EmissionFactorForElectricity * Electricity:Facility) +
(C02EmissionFactorForGas * Gas:Facility)

Where

Electricity:Facility and Gas:Facility = the consumption meters for electricity
and natural gas

C02EmissionFactorForElectricity and C02EmissionFactorForGas = the "CO2 emission
factor" field in the Fuel Factors object.

There are datasets of fuel factors in the Datasets folder: Electricity USA
Environmental Impact Factors.idf and Fossil Fuel Environmental Impact
Factors.idf

Mike

On 10 Sep 2007 at 4:18, love9787m wrote:

> In report, there are a lot of contaminants released from building.
> So I want to know the contaminants for building in detail.
> Where can I find information like calculation equation or contamination
> density or algorithm in input output reference.

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx