Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather file error

At 01:25 PM 10/3/2007, aboyemeplus wrote:
>Are "EPW" files meant to be modified? If so, how can I change wheather
>data without affecting the formating of the "EPW" file.
>
>**  Fatal  ** Unexpected End-of-File on EPW Weather file, while
>reading header information, looking for header=LOCATION

Follow the approach suggested in the Auxiliary programs document:

1) Take the EPW file and save it (using the weather converter) as a
"CSV" format file.  While this format is readable by spreadsheet
programs, it is a EPW CSV file.

2) make your modifications in the CSV file.  Using a spreadsheet
program is the easiest way.
Save that file back as CSV format.

3) Run the weather converter again, reading in the "CSV" format and
saving it as an EPW file.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list