[EnergyPlus_Support] A question with baseboard heating

Dear All,

I experienced an interesting issue when I used baseboard heating system in E+.
The building I am modelling has VAV system and baseboard heaing for perimter zones. The systems were autosized. But I found that there are too many hours that the heating setpoint were not met, using the Compact HVAC generated inputs. So I input the UA vaue and Maximum water fow rate for the baseboard using reference values from previous projects.

The heating setpoint not-met hours largely decreased, but in the meantime the heating energy use was largely REDUCED compared with autosised results!
Based on my understanding, the heating energy use should increase with much less heating un-met hours.

My fellow tested on his mode and found the same phenmenon. Does anyone who what is the problem? We use the newest version of E+ with interm update.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

David