[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: warning about " Temperature out of range (too high) for glycol specific heat

I think I have found the reason.

In my E+ input file, pump is variable speed motor. When the water flow
rate is very small, the water temperature rise due to pump heat is
very high, even 300 degree C.  So I specified the "min flow rate"   of
"Pump:Variable Speed".  Then warning message is gone.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linda Lawrie <linda@...> wrote:

> water is a glycol so where ever you use water, such as when you used
> them in your
>
> HEAT EXCHANGER:HYDRONIC:FREE COOLING,
>      Free Cooler,             !- Name of free cooling heat exchanger
>      Main Chiller,            !- Controlled component name
>      CHILLER:ELECTRIC:EIR,    !- Controlled component type
>      Free Cooling Schedule,   !- Setpoint schedule name
>      Free Cooler Condenser Inlet Node,  !- Condenser side fluid
inlet node
>      Free Cooler Condenser Outlet Node,  !- Condenser side fluid
outlet node
>      Free Cooler Inlet Node,  !- plant side fluid inlet node
>      Free Cooler Outlet Node, !- plant side fluid outlet node
>      water,                   !- Condenser loop fluid name (water,
> ethylene glycol, etc.)
>      water,                   !- plant loop fluid name (water,
> ethylene glycol, etc.)
>      DRYBULB,                 !- Free cooling control mode (outside
> wetbulb, outside drybulb, setpoint schedule)
>      Free Cooling Schedule,   !- Heat Exchanger Setpoint schedule
> name (deprecated)
>      UA-EFFECTIVENESS,        !- Heat exchange mode
>      150000,                  !- UA {W/K}
>      0.0173,                  !- condenser side flow rate {m3/s}
>      0.0113,                  !- plant side flow rate {m3/s}
>      Main Chiller Cnd Inlet,  !- Controlled equipment condenser side
inlet node
>      Main Chiller Cnd Outlet, !- Controlled equipment condenser side
> outlet node
>      Main Chiller ChW Inlet,  !- Controlled equipment plant side
inlet node
>      Main Chiller ChW Outlet; !- Controlled equipment plant side
outlet node

> it uses the fluid properties for water from the glycol set.
>
> Linda
>
> At 08:35 AM 9/5/2007, tjutw wrote:
>
> >Hi Linda,
> >
> >I do not find related information from EnergyPlus documents.
> >Would you please tell me which models automatically include glycol and
> >water?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Tj Ywh
> >
> >--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Linda Lawrie" <linda@>
> >wrote:
> > >
> > > Several models automatically include the "glycol" "water" in their
> > > calculations.  If you send in your input file, perhaps we can help
> > > more.

> > > (too
INT'L AB