[EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus Capabilities on Renewable/Efficient Energy

Hi!

I'm new to EnergyPlus although  I have been using the commercially available
interfaces for 3 months now.  I'm planning to study doing models in txt
files to access more EnergyPlus capabilities but don't know yet if I should
devote office time to learning editing idf files.  So please excuse my
inexperience.

Aside from air-to-air heat recovery, is EnergyPlus capable of modeling
cooling tower water heat recovery?  Can I model absorption refrigeration if
given the amount of heat available for the absorption process? Can fuel
cells be modeled together with heat recovery of its waste heat?  Say I have
a natural gas-fuelled fuel cell with certain amount of kJ of heat for every
kW of electric power generated.  The electric power will be used to augment
grid-electricity to power the rooms, the recovered fuel cell heat will be
used for absorption refrigeration that will power the chillers for room
cooling.  I'm interested in the hourly energy output of these
renewable/efficient energy sources.

Thank you in advance for your advise!

Best Regards,

Jun