Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] About the condenser type of DX coil

I am not sure if I understand your question.  The rated capacity reported by
EnergyPlus is at standard ARI rating conditions which are stated in the Input
Output Reference section for the dx coil object.  If the capacity of the water
cooled unit is reported for the same rating conditions, then the "rated"
capacities would be the same.  I do not know for sure, but my guess is that
water cooled dx units use a different condenser temperature as a rating point.
The product literature for the actual equipment should be clear about the
conditions for the rated capacity.

Mike

On 14 Nov 2007 at 2:30, llyymmff wrote:

> Hello all,
> I would like to ask one question regarding the condenser type of DX
> coil:
> Is the actual capacity of the DX coil influenced by the condenser type?
> For example, there are two DX coils of which all the other conditions
> are the same except for the condenser type, and then are their capacity
> the same?
> I ask this question because my DX coil is water cooled. I want to use
> the original DX coil model (air cooled) of E+ to calculate the capacity
> because I think the capacity of different condenser type is the same.
> Is my idea correct?
> Could someone help me with the above information please?
>
> Best regards,
> Yueming li (China)

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx