From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jun Calixihan
Sent: 04 December 2007 09:50
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] editing Energy+.idd file

Hi!

Is it possible to edit the Energy+.idd file. say for objects that are
extensible?  I was trying to add more items to object:

Surface:Shading:Detached:Building

But I get the error of "file is write protected, access denied" and I can't
save the changes.  I wanted to add vertices to the above E+ object.

Do I need administrator rights to the PC to be able to edit this?

I was modeling component blocks created in Design Builder and exported the
idf file for editing plenums in Idf editor but Idf Editor has errors opening
the idf file.  When I exported the idf file from DB I specified DOE version
on EnergyPlus.  I have installed the latest EnergyPlus version 2.1.

Thanks!

Jun

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
Documentation link and press the "search" button.