Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] zone air temperature

Based on a brief review of the inputs, zone 3596 is the only zone with valid
inputs.  The other zones have different types of systems and each has different
issues.  For example, Zone 2952 is served by a DIRECT AIR (constant volume)
terminal unit and the air loop has a fixed supply temperature setpoint.  This
system has no capability to control space temperature.  There are alos no
controllers for any of the chilled water coils; only the fan coil chilled water
coil will operate.  And the svg system diagram does not draw, which is usually
an indication that there is some type of connection error.  Please send an e-
mail to energyplus-support describing the system types and controls, and I will
help you fix the input file.

Mike

On 30 Nov 2007 at 19:51, davide.loba wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I have some problems with the air temperature of zones.
>
> Only in one zone (zone 3596), the heating setpoint (20°C) is reached,
> but in the other two ( 3200, 2952), the air temperature is always
> lower than it. The opposite thing happens with cooling: in the zone
> 3200 and 2952, the air temperature goes beyond the cooling setpoint
> (26°C).
>
> I tried to increase the boilers and chillers' nominal capacity with a
> higher value, but nothing changed.
>
> Apparently, idf seems to be ok. After simulation, there are many
> warnings of this type: " Base surface does not surround subsurface,
> overlap status=no overlap":are they related with this temperature problem?
>
> I don't know how to solve it. Could you help me?
> My .IDF has been uploaded under Files/Problem Submittals/Loba air
> temperature.idf .
>
> Kind regards
>
> Loba

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx