[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to model a HVAC system with both cooling and heating function?

I have sent a zipped input files to the email <energyplus-
support@xxxxxxxx> together with some explanations on them.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Ada

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "adahoilam"
<i50447973@...> wrote:

> [...]
plus
> a purchased chilled/hot water system.
>
> In the air system, I have added all necessary controllers (include
> pretreat cooling coil, cooling coil, reheating coil and heating
> coil, outside air) and set point managers, but I havent added set
> point manager for the heating coil. Do I need to add this?
>
> I used SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:REHEAT for air supply system.
>
> On the other hand, I used purchased water systems for both chilled
> water and hot water supplies to the COIL:Water:Cooling and
> COIL:Water:SimpleHeating, together with plant autosizing items for
> both systems.
>
> Lastly, I have a file to do zone autosizing. And used a thermostat
> called "Dual Setpoint with deadband".
>
> There was no problem when I used cooling only, however, energy
> sizing data were so small in the heating part when I added heating
> coil for the whole HVAC system.
>
> Hope these information can help you to understand my case study.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Ada
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
> <mjwitte@> wrote:
> >
> > It is difficult to know what to suggest.  What type of HVAC
system
> are you
> > modeling?  What EnergyPlus HVAC and control components are you
> using?  Did you
> > add a controller and set point manager for the hot water coil?
> What type of
> > thermostat controls are you using?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > On 6 Dec 2007 at 7:43, adahoilam wrote:
> >
> > > I am now working on a HVAC system modeling for a building in
> China, I
> > > tried to use the existing model (with cooling function only)
> modify
> > > to a model can suit hot summer and cold winter seasons.
> > >
> > > However when I added purchased hot water and set a heating
coil
> in the
> > > air system into the original model, the data of Heating:
> Purchased
> > > heating (J) was so small.
> > >
> > > Is there any problem for my setting? How can I fix this
problem
> > > increase the heating load?
> > >
> > > And now the cooling:Purchased cooling results also not
> satisfactory
> > > (says 1XXX watt hourly, but I may need 3XXX watt hourly), if I
> want to
> > > make the simulation results closer to my measurement data,
which
> > > parameter(s) could I change to achieve more significant
results?

> > > The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
> > > http://www.energyplus.gov
> > >
> > > The group web site is:
> > >
> > > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder
> > > in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> > >
> > > EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open
EPlusMainMenu.pdf