Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to set a unitary HVAC system air inlet node into a zone?

This type of connection is not fully supported or tested, but here is an
approach which might work

1.  In the expidf file, find the CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR for the unitary system.
 The "Actuated Node" name is the outside air inlet node where this connection
may be made.

2.  There will be an OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST object which lists this node.
Delete the OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST.

3.  Create a CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIP CONFIGURATION object for the Atrium zone,
and use the node name found above as a Zone Exhaust Node for the Atrium zone.

At this point, the unitary system should draw in air at the conditions of the
atrium zone, but the airflows in the atrium will not be balanced.  What will
replace this air?  Will it be infiltration, or outside air from a different air
handler, or relief air from the unitary system?

Mike

On 12 Feb 2008 at 9:28, laurentvidal50 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering how can I supply a HVAC system with air from a zone
> (atrium) instead of outside air.
>
> I was thinking to use a Compact Unitary Single Zone system, expand the
> idf then changing the air inlet node of the system.
> But I'm not experienced with the system air path.
>
> My questions are:
>  - how set an air inlet node into a zone?
>  - should I only change the air inlet node of the system or another
> object in the idf?
>
> Thank you for any help.
> Laurent

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx