Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Limited Cooling Capacity

Florian,

Since one  can't  set the cooling  capacity of Purchased Air  directly,
(one  can  only  set
the maximum flow rate) I assume you are comparing "Purchased Air
Sensible Cooling Rate"
with "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Load". "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Load"
is calculated
after the zone temperature is updated at the end of the HVAC timestep;
"Purchased Air Sensible Cooling Rate"
is calculated using the zone (or return) temperature befor the update.
If the zone temperature is
tightly controlled, there will be no difference. If the zone temperature
is rising, the zone load
will be larger than the Purchased Air output.

Fred Buhl