Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] glare

Danny,

The glare index calculated by EnergyPlus only indirectly accounts for
electric lighting illumination by including the daylight reference point
illuminance set point in the glare calculation (see the Engineering
Reference documentation "the background luminance is approximated as the
larger of the background luminance from daylight and the average
background luminance that would be produced by the electric lighting at
full power if the illuminance on the room surfaces were equal to the
setpoint illuminance").  EnergyPlus does not calculate luminance or
illuminance from electric lighting.  So, if I understand your question
correctly, the only specification of ambient luminance due to electric
lighting, is the input value for reference point illuminance set point.

Rob
=======