RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] "U-Factor no Film" vs "U-Factor with Film"

Surface resistances are sometimes referred to as film coefficients.   "With film" means that it includes the surface resistances.  "No film" means that it does not include surface resistances.  EnergyPlus can report them both ways.  The "U-Factor with Film" column in the envelope summary report does sometimes come out blank, but the results can also be obtained in the eio report if you include a "Report, Surfaces, Details;" object.

________________________________

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nuno Costa Brandão
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 7:49 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] "U-Factor no Film" vs "U-Factor with Film"

Hi All,

I made a "hand calculation" and I verified that the values for surface
transfer coefficients(U in W/m2-K) presented by EPlus in a simulation,
do not account for the surface resistances.
The U values presented in the "Envelope Summary" do not correspond to
the ones that I defined in DesignBuilder for the simulation. Does the
"U-Factor no Film
(W/m2-K)" account for "Interior and Exterior air surface resistances"?
If not, how can I bring these values to the "Envelope Summary" report?
Is it the "U-Factor with Film"? This column appears in the report but
its empty... Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks for the help
Nuno