[EnergyPlus_Support] Outside Surface Temps reliability

We are experimenting with exterior materials and solar radiation
values in a custom weather file.  We are finding that at moderate
increases in direct radiation values, surface temperatures may become
extremely high (beyond ignition point for wood, for instance).  While
the shape of the temperature curve is reasonable, I wonder if there is
anything to look out for at very high deltaT.  Does the convection
coefficient hold up linearly at 150C dT and more?  I have researched
all the Engineering Docs and it appears that the algorithms are the
same used for other high temperature applications.

DS