[EnergyPlus_Support] EarthTube DeltaT meaning?

Hello,

There is data I don't well understand in the earth tube definition.
It is the deltaT that allows to stop earth tube operation if outside
temperature is to close to internal one.

Documentation says it is the T°int - T°outside but also speak of
heating and cooling cases ...

I wonder :
 - if it is always T°int - T°outside which is used because in Summer I
would like to use the earth tube when deltaT is positive and in Winter
when negative.
 - if this deltaT is in fact a dead band around internal temperature,
how E+ knows the zone must be cooled or heated? For instance, I use
only natural ventilation in summer to cool the zone (no chiller), how
does it know earth tube should be used in cooling mode?

By the way, I suggest some evolution of this equipment (for in my
opinion quite usefulness as is) :
 - do not use outside temperature but earth tube air outlet temperature
 - allow earth tube to be connected to an air distribution system (to
implement 1 earth tube to many zones)
 - allow earth tube to be connected to HVAC air inlet with a by-pass
management, providing the more interesting air (outside or earth tube)
to the system
 - manage earth thermal loads taken from or given by the tubes
 - manage air temperature evolution into the tube along its length to
be less optimistic in ground/air exchanges

Quite long post! Thank you for your answer.
Laurent