[EnergyPlus_Support] Interior windows, opaque surfaces

Why does Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction not balance out over
the course of a few days?  Am I understanding correctly that this
variable represents basically the energy transferred into a mass each
time step?  If all my opaque surfaces are adiabatic, shouldn't the
energy balance of those surfaces remain within a reasonable margin?

Interior windows:

Solar through interior windows
- From previous commentary, it was suggested to use Initial
Transmitted Diffuse Solar Transmitted Out through Inside of Window
Surface to get a measure of solar that has entered through exterior
windows and is falling on/passing out through an interior window.
This value is associated with an interior window.  But it is much less
than would be expected.  It appears to be only the diffuse portion of
solar through the exterior windows that passes out through the
interior window.  How can I get a measure of the full solar load on
the interior zone (and thus a measure of the performance of the
interior window)
- Zone Diff Solar From Interior Windows gives a value much closer to
what is expected, but I was cautioned about this variable previously.
 What are the caveats to using this value to analyze solar gains
through interior windows?

Window Heat Gain
- This is defined in the docs as solar plus conductive for an Exterior
window, but there are values for interior windows as well.  For
interior windows, this value is mostly less than the expected value
for solar that should be coming through that window even when Tout is
much higher then Tin.  The solar component seems to be NOT part of
interior Window Heat Gain values.  Can this then be taken as
conductive loads through interior windows?  If not, any suggestions
for calculating conductive loads through an interior window?
- Window heat gain and window heat loss values do not balance out
across adjacent window surfaces.  Not even close.  Is solar discounted
at some point in the generation of these variables?
- Zone Window Heat Gain is always Zero for interior zones, even though
interior window Window Heat Gain is non-zero.

Thanks,
r3