Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Compact PTHP expanding issues

We are trying to track down your problem. If you add CycFanCycComp to
both the DX cooling coil and DX heating coil in the expanded file, the
file will run but has many other errors. You should be able to fix these
yourself.

Add the CycFanCycComp input (in the expanded file) just before each line
shown for each DX coil object.

Coil:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical:

  CycFanCycComp,
  0,      !- Nominal Time for Condensate Removal to Begin

Coil:DX:HeatingEmpirical

  CycFanCycComp,
  -8,        !- Minimum Outdoor Dry-bulb Temperature for Compressor
Operation {C}

anarui.oliveira wrote:

> I uploaded a ".rar" file with both the compact and the expanded
> version of the files: "Loja 2 PTHP"
>
> In the meantime, is there any address where I can download just that
> one program - "Expand objects" - to make sure I have the right one?
>
> Also, after correcting all the initial errors, although the zone in
> question has a scheduled cooling setpoint of 25ºC and a scheduled
> heating setpoint of 20ºC, the model seems to be trying to control the
> zone to a single setpoint of 20ºC at the early months of the year...
> Any idea what I should be double checking here to avoid this?
>
> Regards,
> Ana Rui.
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>, Linda Lawrie <linda@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > It does not sound like anything anyone has reported. It sounds a
> > little like you don't have the proper "Expand Objects" program
> installed.
> >
> > If you like, you can upload your file to the Problem Submittals
> area
> > or send it to us directly. (Or just include the Compact HVAC
> objects
> > in a message).
> >
> > Linda
> >
> > At 02:54 AM 6/2/2008, anarui.oliveira wrote:
> > >I didn't see any recent mention to a similar case in the group
> > >messages, but I tried using the Compact PTHP model in the new 2.2.
> E+
> > >version and it seems to be setting some of the values entered at
> the
> > >compact object to the wrong fields when expanding the model.
> > >I got some errors and checked that, for instance, the zone name was
> > >atributed to the field "Latent Capacity Time Constant" in
> > >the "COIL:DX:COOLINGBYPASSFACTOREMPIRICAL" object.

Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer
Florida Solar Energy Center
University of Central Florida
1679 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL  32922-5703
Phone:   (321) 638-1454
Fax:     (321) 638-1439 or 1010
Visit our web site at: http://www.fsec.ucf.edu

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years