[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Zone will not reach setpoint

I'll try it!

FYI, ... back earlier in May I posted a problem (Forum message 11377)
noting that I had non-zero loads in the zones, but the system was
calculated to have zero flow / load.  That file was uploaded and
called something like "Non-zero loads".  Fred Buhl worked on it and
recommended that I change (guess what?) the "central heating design
supply temp" from 12.8C to the value it's now at.  I sent him an
e-mail on 5/27 asking about it, but haven't heard back.  Fred has the
"non-zero" file (so do I), but I deleted it from the Forum upload area.

In short, your fix counters an earlier fix. There may be other factors
which I've inadvertantly altered since the original problem, but I
want you to be aware of the history....

Also, regarding your last message about using a higher discharge
setting in the wimter:  Good call!  That will be one of the savings
strategies employed for the real building model.  This model is a
"Baseline"  for an ASHRAE 90.1 analysis, so I am using the
ASHRAE-specified HVAC and controls (which do not call for winter reset
of discharge temp)

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad

<http://www.fsec.ucf.edu>