Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:58 PM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Natural Ventilation

Hi,

I have some problems using the EnergyPlus to simulate natural ventilation.

During my simulation I used the TEMPERATURE as Ventilation Control Mode.

So, my building will be ventilated if:

Tzone>Tout  and  Tzone>Tsetpoint  and  If Venting Availability Schedule permits.

I analyzed the outputs (Outdoor Dry Bulb/Opening Factor Multiplier for Venting Modulation/Zone Operative Temperature) and I noticed that during some hours the natural ventilation is being used in a wrong away. For example: 02/27 the Tzone<Tout but the ventilation is used.

I attached an excel file that shows it. I am using the Florianopolis weather file (TRY1963.epw).

Do you know what is happening?

Thanks for all,

Ana Paula.