[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: cooling coil simulation

Hello!

E+ can control a DX or chilled water cooling coil using two or three
types of control.
1) A common control method is to establish a setpoint at the discharge
of the air handler, so that the air is always maintained at this
value.  (This setpoint can remain constant or it can be reset
according to a schedule.)
2) You can also use the "Set Point Manager: Single Zone Cooling"
object to control the coil based on the zone thermostat setpoint.
3) There are also two objects, "Set Point Manager: Single Zone Min
Hum" and ".... Max Hum" which control based on a humidity setpoint.  I
am not very familiar with those two, however.

It is very common for all cooling coils to cool air so that it is very
close to the dewpoint.  This enables some zone humidity control and is
helpful for that purpose. If you can ignore zone humidity control, use
a cooling discharge temperature which is greater than the zone
dewpoint.  Keep in mind that this will increase the zone airflow.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "liujiang" <jiangl828@...>