RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] airflow network - too many iterations

Marzia:

I am on vacation until next Wed., Nov. 5, 2008. Due to limited access to the
Internet, I may not be able to help you this week. Could you send me the input
file directly to me?

Thanks.

Lixing

>===== Original Message From marziasedino <marziasedino@xxxxxxxx> =====
>Hi all,
>
>I am trying to simulate the natural airflow in the core of a
>rectangular building and its interaction with the buildings thermal
>zones.
>If I define openings (simple openings)only in the core my airflow
>network simulation runs properly, but if I add openings on the other
>thermal zones around the core I get the following error message
>
>"Too many iterations (SOLVZP) in AirflowNetwork simulation
>   ** Warning ** AirflowNetwork: SOLVER, Changing values for
>initialization flag, Relative airflow convergence, Absolute airflow
>convergence, Convergence acceleration limit or Maximum Iteration
>Number may solve the problem."
>
>This happens only if I define more than one thermal zone around the
>core. In fact originally I modeled a building with only 2 thermal
>zones: the core itself and the building zone around it, both with
>single openings, and the simulation wouldn't crash.
>
>could you please help me figure out what I am mistaking?
>the file has been uploaded in the Problem Submittals folder and its
>name is "airflow in the core".
>
>thanks a lot in advance!
>
>Marzia

>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

>EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
Documentation link and press the "search" button.