[EnergyPlus_Support] SLAB PREPROCESSOR

Dear EP users,
is there any way to simulate, using the SLAB preprocessor, a building
which has not a square slab? I am referring to the case in which we
have a rectangular configuration, with different length of the sides.

Basically, if I am right, in the object EQUIVSLAB the parameter
"APRatio: The area to perimeter ratio for this slab" creates an
equivalent square slab, and the parameter "EquivSizing", according to
the Manual, should be TRUE, which means that the program will
determine the dimensions of the equivalent slab that satisfactorily
models the A/P ratio.
It is also stated, in the comments, that if this parameter is setted
to FALSE, the dimension will be input directly.

Now, I guess that, to do that, we have therefore to use the AUTOGRID
object, specifying the X dimension of the building slab, Y dimension
of the building slab, Thickness of slab on grade and Distance from
edge of slab to domain edge. (of course we don't need anymore the
EQUIVAUTOGRID object, that is only necessary when EquivSizing is true)

Doing this, what we obtain is ONLY the .OUT file (in which are the
summary of inputs and grid coordinates) and a EMPTY .GTP file (monthly
ground temperatures and EP idf objects), together with no .GER (error
file).
Looking into the .OUT file, I can see that the it creates the correct
perimeter and the correct grid in the directions X and Y, but it has
the floor area equal to zero and no cells in the Z direction.
This happens also if I input the correct Area over perimeter ratio.

A second question is about the case in which we have vertical
insulation (and EquivSizing = YES): does anyone know how the perimeter
area is calculated in this case? And do we need a perimeter area in
this case?

Thanks in advance for any help

Giorgio

--
Ing. Giorgio Pansa, M.Sc. - PhD Candidate (Politecnico di Milano, BE
Group)