Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Air flow from one zone to another: extraction to return air duct

Yes, that would be thermally incorrect, but at least you would have the
air balance on the RA nodes. You just want to get as close as possible
with the tools you have available. The only other thing I can think of
is to use a zone exhaust in zone 1 and connect the exhaust fan outlet
node to an inlet node in zone 2, and the zone exhaust fan outlet from
zone 2 to an inlet node in zone 3. I have tried this before but can't
recall what happened. If that works, you would not have to use the
mixing objects. There would of course be fan heat involved in moving the
air so adjust the fan power down as far as you can go.