[EnergyPlus_Support] Multiple earth tubes serving a thermal zone

Hi,

I am trying to model an Earth Tube ventilation system where multiple
earth tubes serve unique thermal zones, in a building with multiple
thermal zones.

As E+ only allows me to define one earth tube per zone, I modeled an
individual equivalent earth tube for each unique zone, where:
- length is fixed based on site constraints
- air velocity is fixed at an optimal speed (approximated) for
optimal heat transfer (two iterations, at 2 & 4 m/s respectively)
- airflow (m3/s) is dictated by fresh air requirements for the
thermal zone and split
- radius is then dictated by the overall required airflow value for
each zone after having defined an optimum velocity for the air within
the tube

But I am not getting good results: the temperature of the air
entering the zone after passing through the tube is almost equal to
the outdoor drybulb temperature.

Also, by playing with parameters I found out that the only way to
achieve a modest reduction in output temperature from the earthtube
would be by keeping its velocity very low, almost steady. But this
will not be accurately representing the real proposed system
operation and conditions.

Given that varying the radius of the earth tube supplying each zone
to allow for maximum fresh air intake has not proven successful in
realising equivalent performance of multiple smaller ET's, I guess
the solution would be to provide a limited amount of air through the
ET (under ideal parameters including radius!) and the remaining
through a conventional system.  I might then scale any benefit in
energy reduction from the use of this single tube by which ever
multiple of additional ET's I may choose to supply the unique thermal
zone with?

Do you have any better suggestions?

thanks a lot!

Marzia