Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC system for isolation room

In the Example Files folder is a summary spreadsheet named ExampleFiles.xls which includes a brief description of what is being modeled in each file... you might want to review this summary.

Example file FurnaceWithDXSystem_CoolingHXAssisted.idf   includes a CoilSystem:Cooling:DX:HeatExchangerAssisted object which can be used for modeling heat pipes (sensible-only heat exchange) or desiccant (sensible plus latent heat exchange) ... this might be close to what you are looking for.

In terms of other desiccant dehumidifier configs, look at the three example files that start with "Desiccant" (e.g., DesiccantDehumidifierWithCompanionCoil.idf, etc. )

Abdul Murad Zainal Abidin wrote:
Hello,

Ia m trying to simulate the HVAC system for isolation room with attached anteroom. My system is a Constant volume DX Fan-coil unit which is running for 24 hours and is catering for both both rooms. There would also be exhaust fans operating for both rooms. I intend to introduce heat pipe and desiccant dehumidifier as energy-saving options. Can someone help me with the suitable example files that I can use for this exercise?

Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Murad
Loughborough University, UK