Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problem with ZoneHVAC:LowTemperatureRadiantElectric

Thanks Richard. Much appreciated.

Richard Raustad wrote:

The message is a little misleading. You need to add a
ZoneHVAC:EquipmentConnections object. I added this one.

ZoneHVAC:EquipmentConnections,
ZONE ONE, !- Zone Name
Zone 1 Equipment, !- Zone Conditioning Equipment List Name
, !- Zone Air Inlet Node or NodeList Name
, !- Zone Air Exhaust Node or NodeList Name
SPACE-1 Node, !- Zone Air Node Name
SPACE1 RA Node; !- Zone Return Air Node Name

Then there is another error. To fix this you will need to change the
construction name in this object to point to a source for the radiant
system. I changed the construction name to "Slab Floor with Radiant"

BuildingSurface:Detailed,
Zn001:Flr001, !- Name
Floor, !- Surface Type
Slab Floor with Radiant, !- Construction Name
ZONE ONE, !- Zone Name
Ground, !- Outside Boundary Condition
, !- Outside Boundary Condition Object
NoSun, !- Sun Exposure
NoWind, !- Wind Exposure
1.000000, !- View Factor to Ground
4, !- Number of Vertices
15.24000, !- Vertex 1 X-coordinate {m}
0.000000, !- Vertex 1 Y-coordinate {m}
0.0, !- Vertex 1 Z-coordinate {m}
0.000000, !- Vertex 2 X-coordinate {m}
0.000000, !- Vertex 2 Y-coordinate {m}
0.0, !- Vertex 2 Z-coordinate {m}
0.000000, !- Vertex 3 X-coordinate {m}
15.24000, !- Vertex 3 Y-coordinate {m}
0.0, !- Vertex 3 Z-coordinate {m}
15.24000, !- Vertex 4 X-coordinate {m}
15.24000, !- Vertex 4 Y-coordinate {m}
0.0; !- Vertex 4 Z-coordinate {m}

Then add the internal source object (name = Slab Floor with Radiant).

Construction:InternalSource,
Slab Floor with Radiant, !- Name
3, !- Source Present After Layer Number
3, !- Temperature Calculation Requested After
Layer Number
1, !- Dimensions for the CTF Calculation
0.1524, !- Tube Spacing {m}
C5 - 4 IN HW CONCRETE,
INS - EXPANDED EXT POLYSTYRENE R12 2 IN, !- Layer 2
GYP1, !- Layer 3
FINISH FLOORING - TILE 1 / 16 IN; !- Layer 5

And add any materials used in this object.

Material,
INS - EXPANDED EXT POLYSTYRENE R12 2 IN, !- Name
Rough, !- Roughness
5.0000001E-02, !- Thickness {m}
2.0000000E-02, !- Conductivity {W/m-K}
56.06000, !- Density {kg/m3}
1210.000, !- Specific Heat {J/kg-K}
0.9000000, !- Thermal Absorptance
0.5000000, !- Solar Absorptance
0.5000000; !- Visible Absorptance

Material,
GYP1, !- Name
MediumRough, !- Roughness
1.2700000E-02, !- Thickness {m}
7.8450000E-01, !- Conductivity {W/m-K}
1842.1221, !- Density {kg/m3}
988.000, !- Specific Heat {J/kg-K}
0.9000000, !- Thermal Absorptance
0.5000000, !- Solar Absorptance
0.5000000; !- Visible Absorptance

Material,
FINISH FLOORING - TILE 1 / 16 IN, !- Name
Smooth, !- Roughness
1.6000000E-03, !- Thickness {m}
0.1700000, !- Conductivity {W/m-K}
1922.210, !- Density {kg/m3}
1250.000, !- Specific Heat {J/kg-K}

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years