From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lingerfelt30016
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 11:28 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC Question

Anyone,

I have a model built to simulate a 20,000 sq/ft retail environment "Supermarket". The model is simulating very close to what we are getting from the utilities in annual energy consumption.

What I am trying to do is simulate adjustments with the HVAC and determine the energy savings.

Example: I am trying to change the supply air temperature for all my zones by 1 degree C to see the effects on energy. Then by 2 degree C and so on...

Here is what I am changing but it does not seem correct for the total facility energy.

Zone: Sales
Zone Cooling Design Supply Air: 14 - 19 C
Zone Heating Design Supply Air: 40 - 35 C
Zone Cooling Design Supply Air Humidity Ratio: No change at 0.0085
Zone Heating Design Supply Air Humidity Ratio: No change at 0.008

I am getting a linear result from 1 degree change to 5 degree change. For every degree a reduction of 0.67%. I would expect the result to be a little non-linear since the HVAC evaporative coil will not be removing as much humidity and the refrigeration system will now be handling the removal.

Maybe it is a change in energy moving from one system to the other.

Should I be looking at adjusting other parameters?

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott