To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: philcook76@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:38:32 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Run-time error '52'

I have downloaded Version 3.1. Whenever I double click on and IDF file it brings up the error box:

epl

Run-Time Error '52':
Bad file name or number

and then EP-Launch does not open. If I manually open EP-Launch and then open this same file, it all works perfectly. It even does this when I double click on one of the example files that E+ provide with this release.It is annoying as I want to be able to double click on a file to quickly open it and use the IDF Editor to edit it.

I am using Windows Vista. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Phil.

Windows Live helps you keep up with all your friends, in one place.