[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: About exterior surface convection coefficient algorithms in EP

Thanks for your reply =)
I get your idea, maybe.

In TAS, exterior surface convection coefficient is calculated :
hc=5.8+4.1Vm   CIBSE
In IES,
hc=5.6+4V V<4.88; hc=7.2V^0.78 V>4.88
they are both stating these formulas are used for calculating surface convection. However,when calculating exterior surface long wave radiation, they do not involve the radiation between surface and air..
this means this radiation part has been added to convection.

In EnergyPlus,
if "simple" is chosen for exterior surface convection, long wave radiation is added to convection and calculated together;
if other algorithms except "simple" are chosen, the long wave radiation between surface and air will be calculated separately.

Correct?

Thanks again =)
xiangjing