Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: creating 'real' weather files - Wind/solar data

At 06:41 AM 6/17/2009, Chris wrote:
Paul,

> Thank you for your advice, i had seen the previous post, but some was not relevant as i am in the UK. However since yesterday i have found more solar data, which reports global and direct radiation, but not diffuse, am i right in thinking that E+ will work with these two variables....but you have reservations about the method used...?

I have no reservation whenever you can obtain locally measured data of
at least two components (e.g., global and direct, or direct and diffuse)
and they are quality controlled. But this is rarely the case.
I'm quite sure that E+ can derive diffuse from global and direct
transparently, but this would be a question for Linda. See also the next
question below.

As Chris says, the EnergyPlus Weather converter can derive diffuse from global and direct.  (if it has two components, it can usually derive the third -- all using the custom data format specs).

Linda