[EnergyPlus_Support] Scheduled Economizer Operation

Dear EnergyPlusSupport-team,

I am trying to schedule the operation of my minimumm outdoor airflow and free cooling/economizer operation aside from the operation of my  entire 'AirLoopHVAC' using the latest version of EnergyPlus. Scheduling the minimum outdoor airflow accordingly with the occupancy is not an issue. However, separating the economizer operation and having it available during certain times is rather difficult.

I am currently attempting to reference an availability schedule (e.g. daily from 8AM to 10PM) via an object at 'AirLoopHVAC:OutdoorAirSystem' at the field of 'Availability Manager List Name' furthermore linking an object at 'AvailabilityManagerAssignmentList' which lastly defines the availability schdule at 'AvailabilityManager:Scheduled'.

I have supposedly setup the availability of my 'OutdoorAirSystem' similar to the availability of my 'AirLoopHVAC' however referencing entirely different schedules. Well, as it turns out, the economizer is still entirely available during scheduled operation of my entire AirLoop no matter what schedule I am referencing as the commanding availability. I understand that the OutdoorAirSystem is a subset of an object in class'AirLoopHVAC', but wouldn't it be nice to have the economizer function available separately from the rest of the system.

The InputOutputReference contains confusing statements on the bottom of pg. 770 (Adobe: pg. 815) with reference to the fields of the 'Availability Manager List Name' "Use of this input is optional. This field may be omitted; it is not currently used by the program.". Well, if it is not used by the program at all (and experience shows it is not as of now) why implicate to the user that it could be a nonfunctioning option?

I am sure my approach may be flawed at some point. Any support and help is as usual greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Sandro