RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] very high zone mean temperature

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, YuanLu å??å?­ Li <yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

" I noticed that:
MeanAirTemperature    was in the Z1 RSlab object but the control type of the same name was not found in the idf file."

I think we need to define the RSlab control type only in the RSlab object and radiant heating and cooling set point with the throttling range define the rest.

"Zone 1 Thermostat  was Defined and not used"

Can you please explain more why it is not used?.

"Dual band type used the same names for the set points, but with different values for different types, and the values did not have a dead band."

Dual band was used only during May and September, and they do have dead band (18-26, 20-22, 18-26). However the high zone temperatures occurred even during moths with pure heating, e.g. January.

"I may have picked up the wrong objects.  I think, the plant side did not have a season dependent available schedule.  Therefore, heating and cooling may be on at the same time."

Plant loops are controlled by heating and cooling load operation schemes. So, as soon as the thermostat type is heating only or cooling only for all the zones, heating and cooling plants shouldn't work at the same time. This could only happen during the dual set point control periods (May and September)

 "Most of the 107 warnings are on the Window5 data, which I do not have much experience in using."

This is not a big issue as soon as I have the same material for all corners of the window frame. I also ran the model with normal construction window and results were almost the same.

Your plotted results seem to show that the system is under sized and the zone temperature is floowing the solar load..

Do you mean under sized for cooling (which why we have high temperatures)? ..but how can we explain the low zone air temperatures (around 15 degree) when I turned the radiant slab off?

Sorry, that I cannot solve the problems quickly.

 Dr. Li

Thanks a lot for your effort