RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Warmup Days

It is the former. The first day of the environment period is repeated during warmup.

You appear to be seeing the effect of cold preconditioning, using the conditions during Jan 1, on the recovery from setback that first happens during Jan 2.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of diogocortezalves
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 9:35 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Warmup Days

Hi everyone

I have all ready searched the forum for similar post but I did not find answers for my doubt, so here it is:

I Have run a simulation for a office building in order to find the heating and cooling rates, and heating and cooling energy with the ideal load system.

In resume, if the simulation starts in January for a period of 1, 2 or 3 years, the maximum heating rate that I have is 300 kW. For curiosity I decided to have a look at the dispersion of maximum rates along the period December-January, and I realised that the maximum was on January 2nd, the first day of activity in my schedule (Monday).

So I decided to run another simulation starting in September and finishing in August. The maximum heating rate dropped to 155 kW.

Seeing this I though that maybe increasing the warm up days, in the simulation January-January, it would result but not.

My question is:

Are the number of warm up days the number of loops that the program runs in one previous day (at the start of the simulation), or are the number of days before the start of the simulation, that the program run in order to achieve convergence ?

Hoping that is an understandable question!

Best regards

Diogo Alves