[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ECOTECT to Energy Plus

My reply on the helpdesk:
You can no longer obtain EnergyPlus V2.2

What you can do is obtain a set of transition set of programs that will allow you to transition the IDF file from V2.2 to the current released version.

The readme is here:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com/staff/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=editfile&downloaditemid=5

The set of files here:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com/staff/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=downloadfile&downloaditemid=4

You will need to be able to log into the helpdesk site in order to download. The login information was automatically sent (via email) when you sent your first ticket. If you no longer have that information, I can make the helpdesk resend the original registration email.

How to convince Ecotect to upgrade?

That one, I have no idea.  We are somewhat at the mercy of people who start to develop interfaces to EnergyPlus Input Files when they don't upgrade their systems.  That is, they are all independent from us and we have no control over them.  Perhaps some others on the list have tried to talk to them or their support.