Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to determine the "upper-left" corner of a horizontal surface?

I would imagine North should be at the top of the page and then it is clear?

Let your email find you with BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: "Steven (Xing) Shi"
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:28:06 -0000
To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to determine the "upper-left" corner of a horizontal surface?

When using "surface" to create a building model, EP requires the input of the coordinates of each corner. The rule is such that you start from the "upper-left" corner and proceed counter-clockwise. For vertical surfaces like walls, you determine the upper-left corner by standing in front of the surface and look "into" the zone. This way, the "upper-left" corner is clearly defined.

However, I am a little confused by using this rule on a horizonal surface, say a roof or a slab. Just looking "into" the zone is not enough to determine the "upper-left" corner because you can rotate to North, South, East, or West.

I would surely appreciate if you can kindly answer my question.

Have a good day!