RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Error message: in.idf missing

If you read the instruction in batch file, you will understand more on how it is arranged.

One of the batch files to pass the parameters to set up the path.  This is done by the EPlaunch, if you use this interface.
=================
: Set the variables if a command line is used
IF "%9"=="" GOTO skipSetParams
SET epin=%~1
SET epout=%~2
SET epinext=%3
SET epwthr=%~4
SET eptype=%5
SET pausing=%6
SET maxcol=%7
SET convESO=%8
SET procCSV=%9
:skipSetParams

Normally, you only pass the user directories (EPin and EPout) and use all the other EP  programs in the root directory and the original directory.

For example, the weather file can remains in the WeatherData folder (%~4) and pass the directory name and file name to the batch file.

If you are using the same weather file and  location, you can hard code these in the batch file by commenting out some of the substitution set lines and replace them with the hard coded ones.  This modified batch file can reside in the root directory or in your user directory with proper adjustment in the environment passed.

If you do not use the macro expansion, you can also comment that part out.  However, using macro may help changing a section of the IDF file quickly and conditionally.

Batch file can be written to change the values in the object of the IDF file by colling text editor function.  However, you may be able to change the object values easier using  the .IMF file after each simulation and  continue with another  simulation with a different set of object values.

I have not tried this myself, but should be possible.

 Dr. Li